Career Junior Rails Developer
Trying to figure out how to get on-the-job Rails experience without the job, and how to get the job without prior Rails experience? We’re a growing (and profitable) software shop that uses git, nginx, resque, redis, capistrano, postgres, linux, and rails to run a SaaS based solution that serves millions of users per year. Even better, we give our developers the tools they need to succeed including all the monitors you need and a new MacBook laptop.
We’re looking for smart candidates with a background in computer science. Prior database experience is a plus, but prior Rails experience is not a requirement. If you are passionate about software development and are self-motivated, we want to talk to you. If you are seeking a job where you can wear shorts and sandals (even in the dead of winter), we want to talk to you. If you are currently in a job with unrealistic deadlines, run with large waterfall-style projects, and lots of red tape and bureaucracy, we want to talk to you.
We’ve recently started a new “solutions” team to service these areas:
- Internal web tools (an opportunity for full stack Rails development)
- Customer integrations and custom services work (data manipulation in Rails & other technology)
- Troubleshooting complex issues (debugging code and solving technical support issues)
At Listen360, we help businesses build better customer relationships through our philosophy and technology. We’re just old enough that we are a stable, profitable organization — and we’re just young enough that we’re less than 25 employees with a flat management structure. We love Agile development as much as we love our coffee and flexible work hours. We’ve got a great team of engineers in place — many with over 10 years of experience in software development.
- We provide each developer a brand-new, fully loaded Mac Pro
- We’ve been using Ruby on Rails since pre-1.0
- We practice Scrum in 2 week sprints
- We practice BDD with RSpec
- We use Git for version control
- We encourage contributions to open source projects
- We do provide company equity to reward our team
Want to work with us?
We'd love to consider you for our team.Apply Now